Get the kids involved in this easy-peasy shredded wheat nest cakes recipe and stir up a batch of delicious chocolatey goodness, for a baking-free treat.
Quick to make and perfect for all ages and abilities, the only thing about this recipe you might find challenging is waiting for the chocolate nests to set before diving in for a taste!
- 200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 85g full sized shredded wheat
- 200g mini eggs
- Cupcake cases
- Gently pull the shredded wheat apart and place to one side in a bowl.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. As the chocolate begins to melt, stir it.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted, remove the bowl from the pan and pour the melted chocolate over the shredded wheat before stirring to combine the two.
- Place 12 cupcake cases into a cupcake tray and use a spoon to divide the mixture evenly between them.
- To create the bird’s nest shape, use the back of the spoon to press gently into the centre. Place 2-3 mini chocolate eggs on top of each nest cake.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours until completely set, and tuck in!