Home Christmas Traditional Christmas Pudding Recipe by Mason Cash
- 50g ground almonds
- 2 large Bramley cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 whole nutmeg, grated
- 1.2kg mixed dried fruit and candied peel
- 140g plain flour
- 100g soft, white breadcrumbs
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 250g Butter, grated
- Butter the inside of a 1 litre pudding basin and line the base with a disc of buttered grease-proof paper.
- Mix all the ingredients for the pudding, except the butter, in a large bowl.
- Add the grated butter and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a pudding basin and press down. Cover with a layer of grease-proof paper and then foil, making a pleat in the centre to allow the pudding to rise.
- Tie the foil securely with string, and then place each pudding in a large pan with enough water to come halfway up the sides of the basin.
- Steam the pudding for 8 hours, topping up with water as necessary.
- Remove from the pans and leave to cool overnight. When cold, wrap in grease-proof paper and foil and store until Christmas. When ready to serve, steam again for 1 hour and turn out.