The foodies in your life will love receiving chilli oil for its tasty and versatile applications in cooking and dining, and they’ll love it even more if they know it’s been lovingly created by you. It’s easy to make but looks impressive, so will give your recipient’s kitchen added shelf appeal.
- Kilner bottle (£3)
- Ribbon (£3.50/roll) – enough for approx. 10 bottles
- Gift tags (£1.50/pack of 12)
- Olive oil
- Dried basil
- Dried chillies
- Dried rosemary
Time taken: 10 minutes
Cost: approx. £5 per bottle
- Choose your ingredients. We have gone for chilli, rosemary and basil. But you could also go for garlic, lemon or coriander. All of these ingredients need to be dried.
- Add your dried ingredients to the Kilner bottles and fill with olive oil.
- Leave to infuse for 4-6 weeks, taste testing along the way and gently shaking the bottles to mix.
- When ready to gift, add a ribbon and gift card.