If you’re bored of looking at the same old baubles, can’t find the right colours to suit your Christmas decorations, or you fancy having something completely unique, Rust-Oleum have a simple and completely customisable solution for you.
Give your baubles a marbled makeover
With this easy DIY, you can create a new glamorous look for your Christmas tree, without spending a fortune on new decorations. Simply choose shades to match your colour scheme and select a shiny spray to give a metallic accent.
You will need:
- Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch in two colours (we used Winter Grey and Chalk White)
- Rust-Oleum Metallic spray paint in one colour (we used Chrome)
- A container, deep enough to fill with water and submerge your baubles.
- Bauble hooks
- Rust-Oleum Surface Primer (optional)
How to make your marbled baubles:
- Using string, create an area to hang your baubles to dry. You may want to cover the floor with dust sheets / newspaper to protect from spray mist and drips.
- Attach bauble hooks to each bauble. If necessary, prime your baubles in a well-ventilated area with Rust-Oleum Surface Primer. We primed darker coloured baubles to ensure none of the original colour showed through.
- Take your first can of Rust-Oleum spray paint and shake thoroughly. Holding your can approximately 20cm away, spray your paint onto the surface of the water. Repeat this step until you’ve used each colour.
- Experiment with a range of colours and metallics to create the perfect Christmas tree decoration.
- Your paint should be sat on the surface of the water. Stir until you’re happy with the consistency and colour mixture. You can add more paint and mix again if necessary.
- Holding your bauble at the top by the hook, slowly submerge it into the water and then remove it. It should be covered in a marble effect.
- Hang your baubles in the drying are you prepared earlier, and leave them to dry.
Know you know how it’s done, shop our Rust-Oleum range >