A lot of Dads like stuff. Stuff for washing the family car, stuff for fixing their bike, stuff for pottering about the garden, stuff to show off on the barbecue… and those are just the classics. Dads also like their stuff to be orderly and easy to access, so we’ve had the brilliant idea of combining the two!
This Father’s Day we’ll be creating personalised ‘Daddy Caddies’ for our treasured father figures, and tailoring the contents to whatever our dads, grandads, stepdads, guardians, and partners would enjoy the most.
The idea is as simple as it comes – find a container, fill it with things – but can be fully customised with ribbon trims, bows, labels, hand painting and more. We’ve chosen a BBQ grilling theme for the contents of our daddy caddy, but there’s no restrictions on what you could fill yours with – unless it’s too big to fit in!
To recreate our caddy you will need:
- A basket or box
- Burger Holder
- Stainless Steel 3 Piece Set
- 3 in 1 Grill Brush
- Sabatiar Maison Apron
- Silicone Striped Double Oven Glove in Black
- Hand Made With Love Ribbon in Natural (15mm x 4m)
How to bring your daddy caddy together:
- Remove any labels or packaging from the basket.
- Place your contents inside, using the taller pieces at the back and smaller bits at the front.
- Use some tissue paper or packaging paper in the bottom if you need some extra height to get the presentation spot on.
- Once you’re happy with the arrangement, trim with ribbon and a label. No gift bag required!
If you’ve got room, a few other ideas might be seasoning packets, a bottle of beer, cider, or a soft drink he likes, a rolled up apron, bottle opener, sun hat or cool drink holder.
Other combinations that we think work really well are foodie bits. If your dad enjoys creating in the kitchen, think along the lines of fancy sauces, seasonings, non-perishable ingredients and specialist cooking and preparing tools, or a recipe book. If he’s more about the product rather than the process, look out for unusual and premium treats that he can snack on as and when he feels like it – independent delicatessens are a great place to pick up something he probably hasn’t seen before. Beers or miniatures are also a nice touch if your dad likes a tipple, and you could present him with a special glass too.
The sky is the limit, so just tailor it to your favourite guy’s interests.