The baking aficionados at Mason Cash have taken the humble (but fantastic) loaf and turned it into a beer infused savoury sensation just by simply using Guinness and butter instead of water and olive oil. To taste it is to love it!
- 500g strong bread flour
- 375ml Guinness
- 7g sachet fast action yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 30g butter, melted
- Add the flour, salt and yeast into a large mixing bowl. Mix together creating a well in the centre of the bowl; gradually pour in the Guinness and melted butter and mix to form a rough dough.
- Tip the dough mixture onto a work surface and knead for approximately 10 minutes or until smooth and springy.
- Allow the dough to rise in a lightly greased airtight container until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C, 390F, gas mark 6. Once the dough has risen, knock the air out of the dough and shape.
- Place on a baking tray and leave to rise a second time for approximately 30 minutes.
- Place onto the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.