Banana Loaf Recipe by Mason Cash
- 430g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 430g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 430g self-raising flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 75g icing sugar
- Handful dried banana chips, for decoration
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture feels light and fluffy. Now add your eggs, add them slowly and mix in, followed by a little flour. Now just fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas and your mixture is complete!
3. Pour the banana loaf mixture into the tin and back for around 30 minutes (test this with a skewer; poke it in the middle, if it comes out clean, it’s done). Cool in the tin for around 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
4. Mix the icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing. Drizzle the icing across the top of your cake (as artistically as you like!) and decorate with banana chips.