Beetroot & Carrot Spiral Salad by Dexam
Spiralising vegetables is a fresh and tasty way to add colour to your meals. This bright salad is bursting with flavour and lots of vitamins and nutrients. Beetroot contains potassium, manganese and copper and carrots are a good source of antioxidant agents.
You will need:
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 175ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 large courgette
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 beetroot, scrubbed
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
- You will also need a Spiralizer, or you can use a grater with large holes
1. Combine the lime and orange juice, olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Spiralize the apple and carrots using the large blade and mix with the salad dressing to prevent them from going brown.
3. Rinse the blade and use it to spiralize the courgette. Spiralize the beetroot last of all to prevent it colouring the rest of the vegetables. Add the courgette and beetroot to the bowl.
4. Roughly cut the spirals with scissors then toss the salad. Check the seasoning and sprinkle the parsley and pomegranate seeds on top before serving.