Chicken Fajita Recipe
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 skinless, boneless higher-welfare chicken breasts
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small pinch of ground cumin
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 small flour tortillas, or 2 large
- 150ml good quality fat-free natural yoghurt
- 50g Cheddar cheese
- Put your pan on a high heat. Halve and deseed your pepper and cut it into thin strips. Peel, halve, and finely slice your onion. Slice your chicken lengthways into long strips roughly the same size as your pepper strips.
- Put the peppers, onion, and chicken into a bowl with the paprika and cumin. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime, drizzle over a lug of olive oil, season with a good pinch of pepper and mix well. Put to one side to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Use a pair of tongs to put all the pieces of pepper, onion, and chicken onto your preheated pan to cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through. As the pan will be really hot, keep turning the pieces of chicken and vegetables over so they don’t burn – you just want them to lightly chargrill to give you that great taste.
- Warm the tortillas in an oven or toaster (optional).