Chocolate Truffle Recipe with Food Sorcery
It’s always lovely to receive homemade presents and who doesn’t like indulging in a treat or two? Delicious chocolate truffles are an ideal gift for friends, family or neighbours. They take no time at all and make, and they’re suitable for all occasions. Stuff them in stockings, sneak them into your Secret Santa and serve them up for an after dinner dessert. Use high quality dark chocolate with 60-70% cocoa solids for the best results and make sure you weigh your ingredients beforehand so the ratio of chocolate to cream is 2:1.
Ingredients – makes 12 truffles
- 220g 60-70% dark chocolate
- 120ml whipping cream
- For coating, cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles, chopped nuts
You will need
- Serrated knife
1. Finely chop the chocolate. A serrated knife will make this easy, and finely chopping the chocolate will help it melt more quickly and evenly.
2. Heat the cream in the microwave. You can always heat the cream on the stovetop, but a few minutes in the microwave will get the cream hot enough to melt the chocolate.
3. Cover the chocolate with the cream. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and stir to combine, then let the cream work on melting the chocolate while you get a pan to cool the ganache in.
4. Cool the chocolate ganache before scooping and rolling. Once the chocolate is melted, whisk the ganache mixture until smooth and shiny. Then pour the ganache into a shallow pan to cool in the fridge.
5. Cover a small plate with cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles or chopped nuts and scoop the ganache into tablespoon-sized rounds after about 30 minutes of cooling. Roll each scoop between your hands before rolling through your chosen coating. Work with gloves on to make clean-up easy.
About Food Sorcery
Who doesn’t love good food? Well Food Sorcery certainly does! Their purpose-built cookery school is a place where everyone can enjoy everything from hands-on cookery classes and team-building events, to informative nutrition courses and barista training that will get your mouths watering. Based in Manchester, this award-winning school is run by a team of talented chefs who successfully blend learning with sociable atmospheres to create something fun and tasty.