Lovely Leftovers Recipe with Food Sorcery
With a few extra ingredients you can save your Christmas Day leftovers and turn them into a show-stopping, mouth-watering lunch. The talented chefs at Food Sorcery have shared this recipe to show us how easy it is to create a Boxing Day lunch you’ll love.
Ingredients – serves 4
- Leftover veg from Christmas Day, parsnips, carrots, sprouts (shredded)
- Leftover turkey – finely chopped
- Filo pastry – 1 pack
- 20g melted butter for greasing
- 10g butter for cooking
- Splash of oil for cooking
- 1 banana shallot – finely chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper - pinch
- Cranberry sauce - tablespoon
- 125ml double cream
You will need x 4 ramekins or similar, an oven proof dish, and x3 pans
1. Heat oven to 180*C.
2. Butter x2 sheets of filo pastry per ramekin and the outside of the ramekin.
3. Cut filo pastry into 8 even strips.
4. Place ramekins upturned on a baking tray and drape the filo pastry over the outside – bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
5. Heat oil in a pan and soften onions for 5 mins, add the shredded sprouts.
6. Add cream and nutmeg, season to taste – set aside.
7. Add carrots and parsnips to a hot pan, add oil, seasoning and a splash of water. Cook on high for 5 mins.
8. Heat a pan with oil and knob of butter, add chopped turkey, cranberries, splash of water, seasoning to taste.
To plate up
Stack the sprouts and filo basket, spoon in the turkey mix and add the carrots and parsnips. Spoon on an additional portion of cranberry sauce and serve!
About Food Sorcery
Who doesn’t love good food? Well Food Sorcery certainly does! Their purpose-built cookery school is a place where everyone can enjoy everything from hands-on cookery classes and team-building events, to informative nutrition courses and barista training that will get your mouths watering. Based in Manchester, this award-winning school is run by a team of talented chefs who successfully blend learning with sociable atmospheres to create something fun and tasty.