Mulled Wine O’Clock
When the nights have drawn in and it’s cold outside, sometimes staying in, slipping into your favorite pjs and lighting a candle or two is all you need to feel cosy. Pair that with a page turning book or an attention-grabbing popcorn movie and you’re set for the evening. But nothing blows away the cobwebs like wrapping up warm after a hearty Boxing Day meal and stepping out into the crisp December air for a wholesome walk, before getting back home and snuggling on the sofa with a hot cup of mulled wine. Here’s our recipe to help you unwind…
Slow Cooker Mulled Wine
- 2 bottles of red wine
- A couple of cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges & slices to serve
- 4 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 100g sugar
1. Juice and zest 2 oranges.
2. In your slow cooker, add all your ingredients.
3. Cook on low for 1 hour to allow the spices to infuse the wine.
5. Once finished cooking, give it a good stir and use a ladle to pour your mulled wine. Add a slide of orange to each glass as a garnish.
6. Keep your slow cooker on warm for people to enjoy throughout the evening.