Vegan Beetroot Patties Recipe by Food Sorcery
Packed with flavourful ingredients, these beetroot patties are easy to make and will are simply mouth-watering. The kids will love getting involved when they see how much mixing and mashing is involved.
Ingredients - Makes 6 small patties
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 125 tin chickpeas drained
- 2 small cooked beetroot
- Fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of vegan Oatly or tahini
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- A few cauliflower florets
- Tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
- Tablespoon of pine nuts
- Handful of green leaves or baby spinach
1. Add finely chopped onions, crushed garlic, squeeze lemon juice, finely chopped parsley, mashed chickpeas and diced beetroot – add all to a bowl, season and mash.
2. Add the tahini or oatly yoghurt.
3. Add the chickpea flour to make a firm consistency.
4. Split into balls with damp fingers and press flat.
5. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry each side for 2 minutes.
6. Serve with buffalo cauliflower salad and pomegranate seeds.
If you prefer a smoother texture, blitz all ingredients in a food processor to make a smooth paste.