Among all the palm trees, parlor palms are a great place to start for the beginner. They do especially well in north-facing rooms, where they show off their fine-textured leaves. Because they are tolerant of lower light conditions and sensitive to too much water, resist the temptation to overwater. This plant comes potted in a beautifully made ceramic pot, that adds a timeless and rustic feel to any room.
Additional Plant Information:
- Water every 1-2 weeks, allowing the soil to dry out between waterings. Expect to water more often in brighter light and less often in lower light.
- Keep in average home temperature
- Thrives in medium to bright indirect light and can tolerate low indirect light. Not suited for intense, direct sun.
- Growth Rate- Slow
- Indoors, any high-quality peat-based potting mix will suffice
- Like many palms, parlor palms are sensitive to overwatering and cannot tolerate being waterlogged or sitting in a saturated potting mix. Ideally, keep moisture at an even level. Err on the side of slightly too dry rather than overwatering. Water when the top 1 inch of the soil feels dry. Yellow fronds will indicate the plant needs more water.
- Normal to higher humidity.
- Feed with a weak liquid fertilizer once or twice during the growing season and not at all during the winter. These plants are light feeders.
- Non-toxic for cats and dogs
Please note: As plants are a live product, the dimensions and images provided are estimates only as each plant is unique. If re-planting into your ceramic plant pot- for best results your plant will require additional potting soil and drainage gravel/stones.
Full product height upon arrival (plant and pot): H 35cm - 40cm
Pot Size: Dia. 14cm
1 x Potted Plant in a Ceramic Pot