How To Wash Your Electric Blanket
Using an electric blanket is a great way of getting as snug as a bug during the colder months, so here are our tips to help your electric blanket keep you warm year after year.
Are electric blankets safe?
Yes, electric blankets are completely safe as long as they are used and stored correctly. Our advice is to:
- To avoid damaging any wiring, store your blanket by carefully rolling it up.
- Check your blanket regularly for wear and tear, like fraying fabric, damp patches or loose connections.
- Don't use the blanket while it is wet or damp and don't turn on your blanket to dry it.
- Don't use an electric blanket and hot water bottle together.
How to wash electric blankets
It's important to follow the manufacturer's guidance when washing or tumble-drying your blanket, but generally you should wash and dry on gentle, cool settings.
You can also air dry your blanket, but if you're using a clothes line make sure you don't use clothes pegs on any wired sections.
- For great value - They cost as little as 1p a night to run.
- For speed - They’re the fastest electric blankets out there, heating up in just 5 minutes.
- For options - Intelliheat blankets and throws have 6 temperature settings and an auto-off timer.