Superfood Salad Recipe
Whether you’re trying to eat more healthily, get your five a day as efficiently as possible, or you’re just a big fan of fresh flavours, our superfood salad is the perfect dish. Salads can be on the blah side, but this one is big on flavour with a surprising combination of healthy ingredients. It’s also quick and easy to create, so it’s great when you’re short on time but still want to impress.
For the salad
- Spinach (for a strong immune system)
- Goats cheese (calcium, phosphorus and copper nutrients for healthy bones)
- Half a medium pomegranate (antioxidant, rich in vitamin C, potassium and fibre)
- Handful of pumpkin seeds (a great source of protein)
- Beetroot (another antioxidant that is high in vitamin C and fibre)
- 1 avocado (one of the “good fats” that help us absorb nutrients)
- Blueberries (antioxidant high in vitamin C and fibre)
For the dressing
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
Chop the spinach, baby tomatoes and cooked beetroot, add the seeds of half of a pomegranate, crumble the goats cheese on top, then add, a third of a punnet of blueberries. Toast a generous handful of pumpkin seeds in a dry pan until they’re golden and they start to crackle, then sprinkle over the top.
Make the dressing in jug using 60ml extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard for some heat, and a tablespoon of honey. Mix and season with rock salt and black pepper to taste, then drizzle over the salad.