Be a Savvy Santa with Thrifty Gifting
Money doesn’t grow on Christmas trees, but great quality and thoughtful gifts don’t need to cost the earth. With plenty of savvy and low-cost options out there you’ll be spoilt for choice with which one to gift first. So, if you have a list of presents to buy as long as Santa’s beard, you might find yourself getting a little lost at where to start. Not to worry! Whether it’s your partner in crime, coffee drinking buddy at work or you feel like treating yourself, we’ve got you covered with some festive ideas that won’t break the bank or make the elves run for cover!
Made with love
- Find a frame and pop a photo in it to remind them of a memory you share or print off a meaningful quote to make them smile. They can hang it up at home or have it on their desk!
- Buy a notebook in any shape or size and make a list of things they can write about to get them started on a journaling adventure!
- Reusable cups or drink bottles with a few hot chocolate sachets, fancy teas and cold-water infusers will help keep them hydrated and energised.
- Know someone with a sweet tooth? Pop on your festive chef hat and present your friends and family with some tasty treats.
- A jar of goodies always goes down well. Nothing says Christmas quite like a jar full of sweets and chocolates so find a suitable container, fill it with their favourites and attach a nametag to ward off any naughty elves!
Pocket money pressies
- Grow your own kits are easy to put together and can be done for a couple of pounds. Find out their favourite flower and pop a packet of seeds in a pot or if you have green fingers, take a cutting from one of your own flowery friends and get them started!
- Recipe cards are a great way to fuel the minds of the budding chefs or future Michelin star winners in your life. Simply peruse the web for mouth watering recipes and write them up or print them off. If you have a spare notebook, you could even start a recipe book they can continue.
- Quality time together costs nothing so why not host a games night or an at-home cinema experience? Find your favourite games or movie, scavenge the cupboards for some tasty snacks or whip up something sweet and enjoy yourselves. You could even make a pretend cinema ticket and put it in their Christmas card for a thoughtful surprise.
- Feeling creative? Why not try make something for those closest to you. Knitting, drawing, painting, baking, the sky the limit. Ask Santa, he knows!
- Perfect as a one of present or the start of a tradition, Christmas decorations from tree ornaments to handmade cards will go down a treat.
It’s in the bag
- Pamper those closest to you by gifting them a spa day in a bag. All you need is a gift bag, a scented candle, face mask, bath bomb and maybe some nice fluffy socks to slip into afterwards!
- Bookworms unite! Why not buy someone in your family a book alongside a mug and hot chocolate sachet so they can enjoy a warming drink whilst losing themselves in a new world?
- Everyone enjoys a snack or two so pulling together some of their favourites alongside a mini bottle of bubbly is the perfect gift to top off with a film for a film night!
- No bag or basket? No worries! Layer an airtight jar with the dry ingredients of a tasty treat and attach the recipe instructions for an extra special touch.
- For the craft lover in your life, why not make them a creative hamper that has everything they need for creating something special. From colouring books and pens to paper, glue and glitter, have fun with it!
Whatever your Christmas is looking like this year, spending time with those that mean the most to you and taking the time to focus on yourself is what’s important. Make sure you take a moment to step away from the melee of daily life and make memories, start traditions and remember what happens between you and that box of Quality streets is none of our business!