- My Account
How to care for your bedding
Whether your bedding is striped, spotted, single or super king, you'll want to keep it looking it's best, wash after wash. Thankfully we've lots of top tips to help...
- Washing your bedding before use will rejuvenate and enrich the feel after manufacturing.
- Wash your bed linen weekly to keep it looking at its best. Not only does this create a hygienic night’s sleep but leaving it longer can cause discoloration.
- Always separate your bed linen into light and dark colours to avoid colours running in the wash.
- Remove the washing out of the machine as soon as the cycle is complete to avoid them smelling damp.
- The temperature on the care label is a reference to the highest temperature your linens can withstand, so consider washing at a lower temperature which is kinder on your product and the planet. Running a prewash may be necessary for heavily soiled linens and most modern detergents provide excellent results at low temperatures.
- Be sure to use the amount of detergent that the packaging states. It won’t get any cleaner the more you use.
- Avoid washing your bed linen with clothing as hooks and zips can catch on the delicate fabrics and damage them.
- Where possible we recommend line-drying your bed linen to minimise ironing and reduce your impact on the environment. Line-drying percales will help to make the ironing process quicker and easier.
- If you love the look of crisp ironed bedding, then iron your sheets when they are almost dry as this will help with stubborn creases. It is also worth bearing in mind when choosing your bedding that percale fabrics are more prone to creases than sateen fabrics.