Doing The Right Thing
Since March, our amazing colleagues have given their best efforts to help those in need, from sewing donations for our brave healthcare workers to taking time to help local residents. Here's just a few of the things we've achieved together:
- £25,000 worth of fabric was donated for colleagues to turn into wash bags and headbands for their local NHS services (and they made 40,000 bags!)
- We supplied furniture to the Nightingale Hospital London
- We made 65,000 NHS scrubs in our Leicester-based Manufacturing Centre
- Completed a mini makeover on a rest room for doctors and nurses at Birmingham Hospital
- 300 sets of scrubs were donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital
- 300 towels were donated to the nurses at Liverpool Royal Hospital
- £2000 was donated to Together For Short Lives
- £500 worth of items were donated to the NSPCC
- Gift hampers and cards delivered to the nurses at LOROS hospice
- We donated items to Women’s Aid Leicestershire to support the opening of a new refuge site
- We donated fabric for LOROS nurses' gowns
- Masks were made for children attending school during lockdown
- Provided Care Homes in the West Midlands with toiletries and gardening products
- Our Oldbury store pioneered a virtual pom pom making event in their local Wychbury Care Home
- We began 175 local Care Home partnerships across all of our store communities, by making donations first of all, and we have some wonderful plans in place to continue supporting them in the future.
We have also organised Facebook Community Groups to help us all stay connected. We want to help build a community of friendly, like-minded people who love for their homes, homewares and all things local, so our stores each have their group.
Join your local community today to start connecting our homes with yours (and your neighbours!).