Scalloped Oyster Mushrooms in Lemon Sage Butter Recipe by Food Sorcery
Cheap, cheerful and absolutely delicious, this mouth-watering oyster mushroom recipe will have your taste buds dancing with all the flavours involved. Perfect for lunch or dinner, it’ll be a winner in your household and a go-to for enjoying vegan food.
Ingredients Serves 2
- 4 king oyster mushrooms
- Tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 Sage leaves
- 1 diced shallot
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Juice and zest of a lemon – use half the zest to garnish & the other half in the broth
- Black pepper
- Zest of 1/2 lemon – unwaxed (see above)
- Parsley stalks
- Earl grey tea 250 ml
- Sea salt teaspoon
1. Trim the tops and bottoms off the oyster mushrooms and cut into 3 -4 scallops depending on size.
2. Put all the broth ingredients in a pan, heat up to a boil then reduce to simmer - drop in the scalloped mushrooms simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and place on kitchen paper.
3. Heat up a griddle pan - griddle the scallop firstly for 30 seconds then turn 90 degrees to make distinct crisscross lines.
4. Cook for a further 30 seconds.
5. Turnover and cook for 2 minutes more.
5. Now heat up a frying pan, add teaspoon of cooking oil.
6. Add the diced shallot and garlic before stirring on a low heat to cook.
7. Add the diced shallot and garlic stir, keeping on a low heat.
8. Add the sage leaves to infuse for 2 minutes and remove.
9. Turn up the heat add the lemon juice and reduce by half.
10. Warm 2 plates - share the scallops - spoon over the lemon butter.
11. Sprinkle over the parsley & lemon zest.