- My Account
Vegan Gluten-Free Banana and Chocolate Brownie Loaf by Tala
Looking for the perfect vegan snack to satisfy your sweet cravings? Look no further. Part gooey brownie, part banana bread, this delicious Chocolate Brownie Loaf by Tala is vegan, gluten free and very low in refined sugar.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 100g of stoned dates
- 300g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 300ml almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 level tbs light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs chopped hazelnuts
- Small saucepan
- Table fork
- Large mixing bowl
- Smaller mixing bowl
- Measuring jug
- Tala silicone headed spatula
- 2lb Tala Performance loaf tin
- Tala 2lb loaf tin liners
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 degrees Fahrenheit) and line the loaf tin with a liner.
2. Place the dates in a small saucepan and barely cover with boiling water. Bring to the boil for a few minutes until soft, then puree. Mash the bananas with a fork and mix them in with the dates.
3. Measure the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cocoa into a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
4. Pour the almond milk, honey, vanilla, oil and sugar into a measuring jug and stir.
5. Using the silicone-headed spatula, stir the wet ingredients into the dry, followed by the mashed fruit mixture and finally the nuts.
6. Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin and bake for about an hour until the cake has risen and springy to the touch.
7. Put the tin on a wire cooling rack and leave for 20 minutes until cool. Remove loaf and liner from the tin.
8. Serve warm with a generous dollop of plant-based coconut yoghurt.