- My Account
How to care for your duvet
To keep your bedding feeling its best, we always recommend using duvet protectors and pillow protectors. Dunelm offers lots of bedding protection options in all of the standard sizes and different materials to enhance your bed further, and you can find out more in our mattress protection and topper buying guide: Take a look below for more handy tips...
- Wash your duvet regularly to keep it hygienic.
- Follow the instructions on the care label.
- Keep light and dark coloured washes separate to keep things bright. You can also use 'white' washing powder with optical brightening agents.
- If your duvet is too big for your washing machine, take a trip to use a high-capacity machine at a professional laundrette.
- Dry and air your duvets thoroughly before returning it to your bed
- Natural fibre bedding can’t be dry cleaned as the chemicals could damage the fillings.
- The temperature you see on the care label is the highest temperature the duvet can take, so it’s okay to wash it at a lower temperature to be kinder on your product and the planet. Running a prewash can help with heavily soiled linens and most modern detergents provide excellent results at low temperatures.
- Tumble drying on a low setting will help the fibre plump up after washing.