How To Clean Your Sofa or Chair
Cleaning your sofas or chairs will help keep them looking their best and depending on the fabric, there are different ways this can be achieved. So, whether you have a fabric, velvet, leather or faux leather sofas or chairs, look no further as we have pulled together some handy advice for you.
Leather or faux leather
· Use a lint-free cloth for regular dusting.
· If your sofa or chair needs a deeper clean, use a damp cloth and gently wipe down the upholstery.
· Be aware of where you have positioned your sofas or chairs. If they are in direct sunlight or next to a heat source, it can cause premature wear of the leather/faux leather.
· If your sofa or chair is made from real leather, try using a specialist cleaning kit by following the instructions and testing on a non-visible patch of material first.
· Use a dry cloth to regularly wipe down your fabric sofa or chair to help remove dust and dirt.
· Put your hoover on a low setting and gently clean the fabric using a soft brush setting. This only needs to be done occasionally.
· Using a clothes brush, gently sweep in the direction of the nap (the fuzzy raised surface) to remove dust and dirt.
· Like with fabric sofas and chairs, use your hoover with a soft brush attachment on a low setting.
More tips and tricks for general care
· Some seat covers are reversible, so if this is the case, we recommend you regularly turn your cushions to prevent constant wearing on just one side.
· Make sure that no sharp objects are pressed against your upholstery, no matter the material as this can cause damage.
· Avoid sofa frame damage and general flattening by not sitting on the arms of the furniture and lifting instead of dragging the sofa when moving.
· Avoid using chemicals and household cleaners of the material of your upholstery as this could cause staining and general damage to the natural finish.