October can only mean one thing – Halloween! Before you get tangled up in cobwebs and covered in pumpkin seeds, keep reading for some simple decoration ideas that will take the hassle out of your Halloween preparations.
- Spray paint black
- Wait to dry
- Make an eye stencil from card, and use this to mark the eye shape onto some felt.
- Cut the eye shapes out.
- Apply PVA glue to the back of the eyes and glue to your pumpkin.
- Use an apple slicer to get even sections.
- Apply a spoonful of peanut butter to one slice, and attach a second slice.
- Press halved almonds into the peanut butter to look like teeth.
- Take an orange pepper and carefully cut the top off, and remove the insides.
- ‘Carve’ a mouth and eyes into one side.
- Spiralize some courgette and place inside the pepper, letting some spill over the top.
- Dice some tomato, red onion and pepper.
- Garnish your peppers.
Spooky spider jars
- Take a bowl and add equal parts PVA and water and mix until combined.
- Cut a 50cm length of wool and dip into the glue mixture.
- Squeeze out the excess, then wrap around a glass jar.
- Place an LED tea light inside the jar and finish off with a plastic spider clinging to the string web.