Faux Flowers & Plants: Gifts That Keep Giving
From faux flowers that are forever in bloom to real plants that need a little TLC, our green stemmed friends make welcome presents at any time of the year. With the continuation of lockdowns and rules galore, being able to bring a touch of the outdoors into our homes is a welcome treat for our wellbeing, and there are so many options to choose from! Whether you’re buying a present for a friend, family member or yourself we have a few hints to help you on your way.
How to create a floral bouquet
Celebrating special occasions with the gift of flowers is a time-honoured tradition, but seeing those beautiful blooms go from extravagant to wilted is always a bit sad. Cue our obsession with faux flowers!
Artificial flowers are a great way to create the same gorgeous visual impact of a natural bouquet with a much longer lifespan and none of the mess, so we’re swapping our for-real flowers for faux instead. While we’re at it, we thought we’d learn how to create and wrap a bouquet too!
Whether it’s a rose-rich arrangement for Valentine’s Day, pretty peonies for Mother’s Day, lavish lilies to say good luck, or a twist of tulips to say thank you, knowing how to give your bunch a florist’s flourish will always stand you in good stead.
How to create a faux flower bouquet:
- Arrange the flowers into a bunch, adjusting the heights and shape until you’re happy with it from all angles.
- Trim the bottoms of the stems to a similar length using a pair of wire cutters.
- Secure the arrangement using a piece of string, and place to one side.
- Cut the paper into a rectangle and fold.
- Place the bouquet into the middle of the paper and wrap it around on both sides.
- Tie the paper in place with a piece of string.
- Cut another piece of paper and place the bouquet in the middle
- Wrap the paper around on both sides again, and secure this piece with a final piece of string.
SHOP ARTIFICIAL FLOWERS & PLANTS
And some final tips:
- If you’re not sure where to start, choose a flower for the centre and build the bouquet out from there.
- Faux flowers can sometimes be fused together in bunches or have foliage that sticks out in unwanted places, but they’re really easy to snip apart or remove with wire cutters.
- Vary your heights, and colours if you’re making a mixed bouquet.
- Turn the bouquet in your hand to see how the arrangement looks from all angles.
- Artificial flowers usually have a wire in the stem, so you can use this to bend the flower heads into position if needed. A few different angles will give your bouquet a more natural look.
- When wrapping your beautiful bouquet, why not try out recyclable wrapping paper for a fuss-free alternative?