- My Account
Momtaz Makes No-Sew Napkins & Placemats
What better way to personalise your Christmas table than by adding your very own lovingly homemade placemats and napkins? Don’t worry about getting your sewing machine out or risking your fingers with a sewing needle, this fuss-free project is 100% no-sew and only requires a few bits - winner! The amazing Momtaz is here to show you just how easy it is, so click for the video or take a look below for the step by step guide and everything you need. Have fun!
What you need
- Wundaweb or other hemming tape
- Pom pom trim
- Small scissors
- Fabric glue
- Iron (steam iron if possible)
How to do it
1. Have your equipment ready and your iron on.
2. Lay out your fabric square reverse side facing up. Open up the Wundaweb packet and cut four strips that measure the same side as each fabric (50cm).
3. Take one side of the fabric, fold over the edge so that one strip of Wunderweb fits in the gap. Iron on top. The fabric will now have a neat edge folded over and stuck down. Repeat this on the opposite side.
4. For the remaining two sides do the same but you’ll also need to cut a couple of small pieces of Wunderweb for the corners where the vertical ends meet the horizontal ones. Iron over all the sides so everything is stuck down.
5. Cut two pieces of red pompom trim that measure the same size as your fabric and stick them down with fabric glue at opposite ends to complete your no-sew napkin.
Momtaz is her name and colour is her superpower! Having previously worked as a professional journalist for over a decade, colour and craft expert Momtaz is now named as one of the Top 100 Influential Crafters whose aim is to bring more joy to your day. Having written several colourful craft books, founding London’s most successful Craft Nights and running numerous workshops to name just a few, we knew she was just the person to add a colourful spark to our Christmas Festival.